Adaptive Remeshing in Abaqus/Standard
This course provides an in-depth coverage of the Abaqus features which address adaptive remeshing for solution accuracy. Abaqus/CAE and Abaqus/Standard work together to adaptively remesh your model in response to user-specified criteria. These criteria include error indicator and mesh-size targets. Usage can be manual or fully automatic, providing options to control the way the adaptivity process is executed. This capability eliminates the mesh-related uncertainty associated with the analysis by using well-established methods for calculating solution error indicators, which in turn drive the remeshing process, ultimately providing a balance between solution accuracy and cost.
The topics discussed include: Overview and comparison of adaptivity techniques in Abaqus, Basics of adaptive remeshing, Error indicators and the associated output variables, Specification of adaptive remeshing rules, The adaptive remeshing process, Setting up an adaptive remeshing process, Issues/limitations.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Set up an adaptive remeshing process
- Specify adaptive remeshing rules
- Interpret error indicators and their associated output variables
Targeted audience: Simulation Analysts
Prerequisites: This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus
Duration: 1 day
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Adaptive Remeshing
- Lesson 2: Remeshing Rules for Adaptivity
- Lesson 3: Error Indicators and Mesh Sizing
Course dates available:
- Adaptive Remeshing in Abaqus/Standard: 8-Jul-22 – 8-Jul-22, start at 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM – location: Ljubljana with the possibility of online participation
- Adaptive Remeshing in Abaqus/Standard: 22-Jul-22 – 22-Jul-22, start at 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM – location: Zagreb with the possibility of online participation
Apply for the course: