Abaqus/CAE: Geometry Import and Meshing
Real-world engineering commonly involves the analysis and design of complicated geometry. These types of analysis depend critically on having a modeling tool with a robust geometry import capability in conjunction with advanced, easy-to-use mesh generation algorithms. This course provides an in-depth look at several advanced Abaqus/CAE capabilities: CAD geometry import and repair, meshing and partitioning of complicated geometry. Both native and neutral geometry formats are discussed. An in-depth treatment of meshing techniques is also provided, including the use of virtual topology to ease the meshing of complicated geometry in the presence of small geometric features.The course consists of lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for users with a basic knowledge of Abaqus/CAE who wish to become more proficient with the product.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Import, edit, and repair CAD geometry.
- Import and edit orphan meshes.
- Use virtual topology to ease the meshing of complicated geometry.
- Partition geometry to enable different meshing techniques.
Targeted audience: Simulation Analysts
Duration: 2 days
- Lesson 1: Geometry Import and Repair
- Lesson 2: Orphan and Native Meshes
- Lesson 3: Meshing and Partitioning
- Lesson 4: Bottom-Up Meshing
Course dates available:
- Abaqus/CAE: Geometry Import and Meshing: 12-Sep-22 – 13-Sep-22, start at 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM – location: Ljubljana with the possibility of online participation
- Abaqus/CAE: Geometry Import and Meshing: 29-Aug-22 – 30-Aug-22, start at 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM – location: Zagreb with the possibility of online participation
Apply for the course: