Xpedition® Enterprise from Mentor is the industry’s most innovative PCB design flow, providing integration from system design definition to manufacturing execution. Its unique, patented technologies can reduce design cycles by 50 percent or more while significantly improving overall quality and resource efficiency.
PCB Design Creation
Design creation tools help engineers capture schematic, integrate ICs onto the PCB, and communicate electrical and physical rules to all design teams.
- Schematic Design
- Powerful search/edit capability through hierarchy
- Common constraint definition environment is shared between schematic capture and layout, allowing the evaluation of critical signals at any design stage
- Use the library browser to search for IP reuse blocks from other design projects
- Variant management for simplified design variant support
- Digital, analog, mixed signal, RF design and simulation support
- Support for most popular PCB layout packages
xSD System Designer extends the PCB design flow into multi-board electronic systems definition, partitioning, optimization, and implementation
xDX I/O Designer eliminates the barriers between FPGA and PCB design organizations, enabling concurrent design processes with greater accuracy and speed.
- Supports the latest FPGA vendor devices
- Bidirectional I/O optimization and pin-swapping based on actual PCB layout component orientation
- Built-in I/O assignment rules specific to each device, simplifying pin assignments
- Uses the generic FPGA symbol/symbol set from your corporate library, or allows you to create custom sets for a specific FPGA design
- Identifies and documents which signal connections are made to the device pins and how they map to original board-level bus structures
- Manages data consistency between flows, automatically generating updated FPGA place and route constraints
- Easy to use drag and drop graphical interface that updates on the fly
- Imports LMS, EDIF and XML schematic symbols
- Supported FPGA vendors: Actel, Altera, Lattice, Xilinx
Constraint Manager provides a common, integrated constraint definition environment for schematic capture and layout.
- Powerful and easy to use spreadsheet - like GUI guided by the design database and cross probing to applications
- Hierarchical constraint entry speeds input of complex rules on many objects
- Architecture allows multiple simultaneous edits using locking mechanisms to prevent concurrent users from editing the same data
- Speeds time to market with informal and formal constraint reuse, concurrent constraint entry, and editing
- Improves design productivity with embedded applications allowing in-tool constraint editing
- Users can create a topology and associated constraints with virtual pins or they can use the more sophisticated automatic topologies
- Provides easy to use functions for finding invalid model assignments, model overrides or mismatches between device and model information
- Preserves the rules throughout the flow for net renames, connectivity additions/removals, pin and/or gate swaps and stack-up changes
- Users can easily create differential pairs using common naming conventions, wild card searches on net names, and information from interactive selection of pairs of nets across the entire design
- Stack-up properties can be viewed and modified to plan for proper impedance matching
Back to top
Xpedition Enterprise design flow includes a complete suite of high-speed PCB simulation tools, powered by HyperLynx.
Find out more about HyperLynx
Back to Top
XPCB Layout is an essential part of tightly integrated Xpedition Enterprise product family. By combining ease-of-use with highly automated functionality, it offers designers and engineers industry leading advanced technology to create today's most complex designs.
- Concurrent team layout with multiple designers and sites
- 3D layout and MCAD collaboration
- Automated placement planning and management
- Auto-assisted interactive sketch routing
- RF/analog/digital/embedded passive/active co-design
- Advanced integrated, planning, place and route editing environment
Back to Top
PCB Design Collaboration
Xpedition Enterprise supports Concurrent Team Desing and ECAD/MCAD Collaboration.
Concurrent Team Design
- Permits designers to work on critical areas of a design together without impacting each other’s productivity
- Sandbox technology lets users isolate circuitry to restrict unauthorized changes
- All layout tasks supported (placement, interactive/auto-routing, manufacturing preparation)
- Dynamic real-time constraint entry
- Dynamic real-time multi-user conflict management
- Scalable up to 15 local or global users
- Supports "what-if" scenarios in a graphical "sandbox"
- Tightly integrated with the Xpedition Enterprise flow for ease of use
- Communicates to MCAD systems via the electrical design, mechanical design (EDMD), ProSTEP-approved standard XML protocol
- ECAD and MCAD designers can work in the comfort of their own design environments, and quickly and efficiently communicate text and graphics transactions back and forth, as needed
- When mutual agreement is reached between ECAD and MCAD, the changes can be automatically made in the PCB layout
- Collaboration enables ECAD and MCAD teams to optimize electronics within tight form-factor constraints while still meeting quality, reliability, and performance requirements
- Collaboration on what-if scenarios replaces time-consuming re-spins due to errors
- 3D visualization of the PCB and enclosure enables electronics designers to optimize the layout based on mechanical and manufacturability constraints
- Enables accurate and timely bi-directional communication of design change data between ECAD and MCAD
Back to Top
PCB Data Management
Library and design data are critical data elements that need to be managed and shared to support the PCB design flow. Today’s trends have added complexity — with the need to share more information, support global design and collaboration, and to provide seamless integration between engineering and external PLM/ERP systems. The Data Management (xDM) suite of tools provides a data management infrastructure acting as a centralized data and information hub for both designs and libraries. These tools enable data management processes to do more right from the box, from supporting the concurrent design, design reviews, and approvals at critical milestones, to library requests, archiving and distribution. This ultimately simplifies current costly and resource-intensive integrations, reducing your ongoing maintenance and administration costs. The xDM solutions provide both design creation/management and library creation/management tool suites, giving you a complete product set for your data management needs.
Back to Top
Contact our Mentor experts for more information